Not convinced that you should lose weight for the health benefits? Then read on because the benefits of weight loss are profound. Here are several examples of how losing just a few pounds can alter your health risks.
- The risk for heart disease, congestive heart failure, sudden cardiac death, angina, and abnormal heart rhythm, is higher in individuals who are overweight or obese.
- High blood pressure, or hypertension, is twice as common in adults who are obese than in those who maintain a healthy weight.
- Losing just 5 to 15 percent of your weight can lower your chances for developing heart disease or having a stroke...as well as your triglyceride and cholesterol levels.
- A weight gain of 11 to 18 pounds increases the risk for developing type II diabetes to twice that of those who maintain a healthy weight.
- Being overweight is associated with an increased risk for some types of cancer including endometrial, colon, gallbladder, prostrate and kidney.
- Sleep Apnea, which causes interrupted breathing during sleep, is more common in obese persons.
- For every 2-pound increase in your weight, the risk for developing arthritis increases by 9 to 13 percent.*Excess weight is also associated with increased risk for gallbladder disease, incontinence, irregular menstrual cycles, infertility, depression and anxiety.
Call our office today to get signed up for one of our FREE weight loss classes to learn more about the ideal protein weight loss program. We encourage you to bring a family member or friend. To schedule a consultation and start losing weight and regaining your health, call..... (512) 943-8649
3622 Williams Drive, Bldg. 5, Georgetown, TX 78628, us